Thursday, December 16, 2010

Activity Advent Day 16: Family Game Night


Yesterday our town was covered in a sheet of ice, so today the schools were delayed by 2 hours. This sounds okay in theory but it's horrible. At 9:30 everyone in our entire town is on the road trying to get kids to school by ten. All the cars, all the buses, all the people who decided to go into work late to make sure the ice was gone, EVERYONE. Today was Curly's preschool class's Christmas party. I was a parent volunteer for the party. So I loaded up the kids in the van in what I thought would be enough time to drop The Bear off at a friend's house and get Curly and I to the preschool for the party. I was wrong wrong wrong. I've never seen our town covered in so much traffic even during the normal busy times. It was annoying. Thankfully the kids had chapel before the party so I had some time to spare. I dropped Curly off, took The Bear to my friend's house and then drove back to school in time for the party. The kids had an awesome time.

Today our activity advent was to play games as a family. The girls picked out our Cat in the Hat game. It's a super fun game to play with little kids. It makes you do wacky things with objects from the book. We played it 4 or 5 times. The girls never wanted to play anything else.

Curly and her teacher Ms Carol

Her other teacher Ms Kris

Curly got a new Christmas book as a present from her teachers, she couldn't wait to read it to The Bear as soon as we got home.

Ready to play the game

Step over the Trick a ma stick with the fan between your knees

Walk backwards around the Trick a ma stick with Mother's new dress on your head

No comments:

Post a Comment