Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Activity Advent Day 15: Tangled


Today's activity was a trip to the theater to see Tangled. In case you don't know what it is:


I got into a habit a while back where I don't tell Curly about any activity/party/playdate/trip , or basically anything fun we are going to do. I let everything be a surprise. It started because when I told Curly about stuff she would get crazy excited. Then if whatever event got cancelled, or someone didn't show up that I said would be there she was so disappointed and would go on and on about how something didn't go the way I told her it would. Honestly I just got annoyed with it, so I started letting just about everything we did be a surprise. If she never knew about something, she never got let down when it was cancelled. However surprises make her happy. Win for everyone! I need to stop, she's older now and can understand better when something gets cancelled and why. But like I said it's a habit, so I sometimes forget to tell her things. Curly came home from preschool yesterday and said "Mama, Claire said we were going to see her tomorrow at the movies to see that new Rapunzel show. Is that right?" Oh yeah, oops, I forgot to mention it. We headed out this cold and slightly snowy afternoon to meet some friends to watch Tangled. The movie was so cute and fun. I recommend it to all. Curly observed that Rapunzel's hair was "Bigger than Goliath". The Bear thankfully sat still and enjoyed the movie and her popcorn. It sleeted the entire time we were in the theater. When we left the roads were covered in ice. We drove about 10 MPH the whole way home. The van slipped and skidded all the way. It was very scary but thankfully we made it home safely as did Daddy.


Waiting for the movie to start with our besties!

No comments:

Post a Comment