Monday, August 15, 2011

The Big Day!


Today was Curly's first day of Kindergarten. She has been anticipating this day since her Pre K graduation. To say she was excited is an understatement. This morning I walked into her room to wake her up but when I opened the door she was already awake. We got dressed, got The Bear up (she was NOT awake yet) and headed down for breakfast. Then we all piled into the van and drove Curly to her new school. When we got there she just hopped right out of the van, gave us a quick wave and skipped inside. It happened so fast. I turned to Pat and said " But I didn't take enough pictures. I should have walked her in. What if she doesn't remember where her class is". He assured me she was fine. Today seemed like the loooooooongest day ever. I tried to keep myself busy so I wouldn't think about her every second. Finally it was time to walk up to the bus stop and get her. When the bus doors opened, Curly bounced down the stairs with a HUGE smile and announced " Kindergarten Rocks! I can't wait to go back tomorrow!". After we walked home I checked her bag to see what the teacher sent home. In her bag was a Yogli Mogli t-shirt that she won in a drawing from Sneak A Peek last Friday. Curly had no idea she had won. She was extremely excited about her tye dyed t-shirt. She really does seem to genuinely love school, her teacher, and the friends she made today. We are slowly getting info out of her but trying to get a 5 year old to recall all the details of a long day is difficult. Tomorrow I will let her ride the bus in the morning. I don't think it will be a normal thing because the bus comes so early, but she REALLY wants to try it out. Day one was a success! Let's hope day two is just as awesome.


Oatmeal and a banana for breakfast

All ready for Kindergarten
Maybe The Bear will miss Curly a little

She gave me a quick smile after she got out of the van in the carpool line

Then she turned and headed inside with no hesitation

Big girl on the bus

The cherry on top of her perfect day



No comments:

Post a Comment