Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bear Tales


Curly continues to love kindergarten. She comes home full of fun stories and a bit tired. She wakes up each day between 5:30 and 6 am on her own full of energy. By the time I walk in her room at 6:30, Curly has already dressed and made her bed. We've been putting her to bed a bit earlier each evening since she is waking up so early each day.

The Bear has been enjoying alone time with momma while Curly is in Kindergarten. We've been enjoying time at the park and doing puzzles (Bear's personal favorite thing). She started a little ballet class at our church. Curly took the same ballet class two years ago. Ballet was a bit too slow and boring for Curly. She loved the recital at the end but the weekly practices just weren't her cup of tea. The Bear seems to really enjoy it so far. Next week she will start preschool 3 days a week. We went to meet her teachers, Ms Robbi and Ms Heather last week at open house. They were also Curly's teacher's when she was in the 3's class. I think The Bear is really looking forward to going to school. Every time we drive past the preschool she says "Look there's my school. It's not sissy's school anymore. It's my school".

The Bear also has a weird yet very funny obsession with moles. As in the spots on your skin. I discovered a mole on her shoulder a few months ago. When I told her about it, she was so excited. I guess she had noticed the moles on my arms and in her sweet little head made the association that moles = mommy. As soon as I pointed out her mole she said " Yay! I'm going to be a mommy when I grow up". I asked her why she said that and her response was "Now that I have a mole, I can be a mommy and I'll wear pink shirts". Ummmm... okay, yes that's exactly what moles mean. I have spotted a few more moles on her body since then and she gets so excited about each one. Maybe in her mind each mole represents a child. If that were the case though, I'm a few hundred kids short of my mole count. Next time you see The Bear, ask her to show you her moles. It will make her day.

Ballet Buddies Mim, Abby and Bear

Bear and Abby August 2011

Big Sister's Curly and Avery August 2009

Bear and Ms Robbi


1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I'll have to show her all of my moles too. So funny!

    ReplyDelete