Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Potty Talk

This past Monday we started hard core potty training The Bear. I admit I was dreading it. Curly basically trained herself. She received one sticker when she went potty as a reward. She was thrilled to get that one sticker and happily told me anytime she had to go. I knew I couldn't be that lucky twice. Monday morning Bear woke up 100% dry. I immediately took her to the potty and she went. Woo Hoo! Maybe this was going to be a breeze. I routinely made her sit on the potty every 20 minutes or so Monday morning. Nothing. She finally went right before her nap. She woke up from her nap 100% dry. Again Woo Hoo! Since then it's all be down hill. Many accidents. No dry diapers after waking up. Only telling me after she's gone in her panties. Boo Hoo! The Bear hates sitting on the potty all the time. She needs incentive just to sit on the potty. So needless to say this week has been frustrating and disgusting. Potty training is not pleasant. Not sure if I should forget about it for a while and start again in a few weeks or stay the course.

On a somewhat separate but still potty related subject, Daddy went to get Curly from the neighbors house for dinner the other day and he found her with her skirt pulled down peeing in their backyard. Great! They have a little boy Curly's age who sometimes pees in the backyard (even though his mommy has told him not too). Apparently he had just peed in the yard so Curly decided she would try too. We had to have a little discussion with Curly about that situation.

Happy Memorial Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pat and Stacie!! I love keeping up with you and the girls. We have been moving and finishing school so I have had lots to catch up on. The family photo at the top is precious! I wish my future family would capture a moment like that. Love the Disney World photos! Pat, please tell Alan something good about going. I am afraid I am going to have to drag him kicking and screaming when we have kids. Also, good luck with Bear and the potty training! I wonder where she gets her stubbornness from...
    Congrats on Anniversary #8! See you soon! Jenny

    ReplyDelete