Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Magic

Daddy told me a few weeks ago that he was going to a work conference down in Orlando. We talked about it and decided to go down a few days prior to his conference starting and take the girls. Two days at the Magic Kingdom was all we were planning on doing. After all with two little girls, the Magic Kingdom is all they really care to see anyway. So we waited until The Bear's real birthday last Thursday to tell them. Their reaction was a bit subdued. The Bear didn't really understand. Curly was in shock and rendered speechless.

When we went a few years ago (thanks to another one of Daddy's conferences) we flew, so Curly kept asking when we were going to get on the airplane. The concept of driving down didn't appeal to her. It didn't appeal to me either. After a childhood spent in the backseat of my parents car on what seemed like never ending long car rides all across this country, I swore I would always do my best to fly if the trip was more than 6 hours. Disney World is a 7 hour drive. Plane tickets were too expensive plus paying to check in bags and parking at the airport. So we drove. It was a looong drive down. The girls didn't exactly travel well and refused to take naps in the car. Daddy and I feared the worst, but once we got to the hotel, they were excited. Something about staying in a hotel really makes Curly happy.

Saturday we hit the Magic Kingdom as soon as the gates opened. The Castle, the princesses, the fairies, Mary Poppins, Dumbo (or Bumbo as our girls like to call him), It's a Small World were just some of the highlights. We stayed until the girls had reached their limits and then left. We came back Sunday for more Disney fun. The weather was hot but tolerable. I personally love Disney World and I love it even more when I get to watch the "magic" and excitement through my girls eyes. They loved every minute of it (well The Bear was not going anywhere near a Prince). The drive back yesterday was not nearly as bad as the drive down because they both napped. I guess they were tired from the exciting weekend.

They weren't happy about stopping to take a picture so I had to just be happy with what I could get

Bumbo!

The Bear and her stickers

Yay! It's time for the carousel!

Watching the show in front castle

Which one is the real Goofy?

I'll share some pictures of the fun characters we met in my next post. The girls unfortunately both came home with strep throat. So they are on antibiotics and resting today.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the strep throat... that is a total bummer on so many levels. But glad y'all had a great time! Our kiddos STILL haven't seen DW but we'll see what a change in school schedules does for us in the future.

    PS: A travel tip for the future...invest in Nintendo DSs or iPod Touches for future travel. Ours BARELY wanted to take a bathroom break during our cross-country trip earlier this year!

    ReplyDelete