Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What we've been up to...

I know! I know! It's been a while.  A long while.  We've had a busy couple of months and our computer has been giving us a lot of issues. Pat claims we will get a new one soon.  I'm not holding my breath though.  He's been a bit preoccupied this summer finishing up his MBA.  Summer is definitely the hardest on all of us because he is gone every Saturday.  In two weeks he will be done forever.  He jokes with me about how he's just a few classes away from getting a doctorate degree and that he should just continue until he gets it.  I do not find the humor in that joke ;0). We made the decision that he won't actually walk for his graduation.  We really wanted the girls to see their daddy graduate, but it was going to cost us about $500 for him to walk.  We would have to buy the cap, gown and all the cords.  Plus he wasn't actually going to walk across a stage, they were just going to ask all MBA students to stand for recognition.  We were both a bit bummed out about that but  $500 can definitely be used elsewhere in our lives (like for a new computer ;0)).

So in the last few months since I last posted, several things have happened.  I summarize briefly:

* Curly graduated kindergarten.  It was sad.  She had a wonderful year.  I really couldn't have asked for a better teacher or class.  We are all sad to see it end but looking forward to a great 1st grade year.  She also lost her first tooth.  She was the only kid in her kindergarten class to not lose a tooth.  She was so giddy excited to finally have one fall out and get a visit from the tooth fairy.

* June was consumed with swim team for Curly.  She swam freestyle and backstroke.  There were five swim meets total.  She placed first in backstroke in four of them and got second place in the other.  She did well in freestyle and well.

* The Bear had a slow start to swimming.  She regressed greatly from last summer.  She took some private swim lessons throughout May. It took until mid June for her to finally be okay swimming around with her floaty without clinging for dear life to someone else.  We hope to continue to see improvements as she gets more confident in the water.

* Finally, for the past two weeks we've been living the life of leisure at the beach.  We left July 1st for Duck, NC in the Outerbanks to spend the week with Pat's parents, sisters, their husbands and Belle (our dog cousin).  We had a great time playing on the beach during the day, playing cards at night, visiting the wild horses in Corolla, and lots and lots of eating. After leaving Duck, Pat drove back to Atlanta with his sisters and their husbands while the girls and I drove on to Kiawah, SC to visit Pat's Aunt Debbie and cousins Tyler and Sarah for the week.  It was another fun filled with more beach play time and more food.  We were also very fortunate to be there as Tyler proposed to his girlfriend, Lisa on the beach.  It was such a sweet event to witness.  She said YES!  Curly and the Bear have always held a special place in their hearts for Tyler.  Thankfully they absolutely loved Lisa too!  They are so excited about the wedding.

large from Stacie Haynes on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment