Monday, November 15, 2010

Differences


Sisters


The other day we got into the van to go run some errands. I just asked the girls what music they would like to listen to while we were out and about. Curly responded by saying, " I want to listen to whatever music you want to listen to mommy". The Bear said, "I want Veggie Tales!". It made me laugh. I turned around and they were both smiling so sweetly. Both very proud of their answers.

Curly is a pleaser. She is a smoozer. She loves to make people happy. Partly because she is just a really really sweet girl by nature, but also because she knows buttering people up will benefit her at a later date. The Bear, on the other hand, knows what she wants and is not afraid to let you know. She will fight for what she wants and she doesn't really care what you think about it. She expresses her opinions and is very proud of them.

Each night when we are putting the girls to bed, I ask each girl what they would like to thank God for in their prayers. Curly usually has a long list ranging from her family to flowers to food. The Bear always without fail says herself. I then ask her if she would like to thank God for anything else and she says "I'm thankful for me and for God". She is so funny. No self esteem issues for The Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment