Tuesday, April 27, 2010

8 is Great!


Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. We are so blessed to be married to our best friend.

We met at a meet and greet in the Lowder Business Building at Auburn University. We were meeting the teachers and students going on the British study abroad program we were both going on that summer. I walked into the room and saw a guy I went to high school with named Alan. I was happy to know someone that was going. He then introduced me to his roommate (and my future husband) who was also going. Fast forward a few months and we are on the plane heading to London. The plane tickets were purchased in alphabetical order. We rode all the way to London and all the back to the USA from Paris seated next to each other. We got to know each other pretty well that summer.

My original summer plans had fallen through. I had fully expected to go on a summer project with Campus Crusade with my friend Emily. We both applied early. Emily heard back quickly that she had been accepted to the Lake Tahoe project (our first choice). I never heard back. I waited and waited. Surly Crusade doesn't turn people down that want to serve, right? So I prayed about it and felt like I needed to sign up for the study abroad program. The day after I turned in my non-refundable deposit for the trip, Crusade called and told me my application had literally fallen between two file cabinets while they were moving around an office. They apologized over and over and offered me the Lake Tahoe project. My heart sank when I told them I had made other plans. A summer in Lake Tahoe with one of my best friends sounded so perfect. Little did I know, God had an even more perfect summer planned for me.

We started dating the fall after our trip. A few months later he took an internship in Atlanta and we were separated. Then I graduated and he had to finish his last semester of school so we were still separated. Finally he graduated. 7 months later he proposed. 9 months after that we were married. 4 years later we had our first baby. 2 years later we had our 2nd baby. That's our story in a small blog.

If you are reading this, you are part of our family or a good friend. Thank you to everyone for loving us, helping us, praying for us, and being a part of our lives. We love you all.

APRIL 27, 2002

4 comments:

  1. Congrats (again!) I had never heard the Campus Crusade story so thanks for sharing. I'm sure your hubby and two kids are very happy CC lost your file! Happy Anny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard the Campus Crusade story either! So crazy! I sure am glad you made the trip and became my sister though. Congrats again to you and Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story! Congratulations to you and the Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Story and a beautiful picture!!

    ReplyDelete