Friday, September 30, 2011

Surprises are so fun!


I'm typing this post on a break from packing. We are surprising the girls with a trip to Disney World this afternoon. They have no clue. We are leaving as soon as Curly gets out of school. We are going to tell them we are visiting some friends in another state. Our plan is to drive all the way tonight and stay in a hotel right outside Orlando, get up in the morning, go to the resort and then head straight for a park . Pat has a conference at the Grand Floridian Resort. I'm really excited about it. The girls and I will just stay a few days and then drive back. Pat will fly back after his conference. Curly and The Bear love staying in hotels (or as The Bear calls them Woo-Tels). We are hoping that they will be so excited about staying at a hotel they won't ask too many questions about who the "friends" are that we are going to visit on Saturday. I love surprising them, it's so much fun. Our plan is to just go to the Magic Kingdom and the Animal Kingdom. Someday we'll do the big Disney trip and hit up all the parks but that will have to wait until sometime after Pat gets out of school and we save up enough money.

Curly is still enjoying kindergarten. She is still jumping out of bed each morning and excited to go. I'll remind her of that excitement in 10 years when she is dragging out of bed ;0). Yesterday at school they announced the names of kids who won some prizes for being top sellers in the fundraiser (THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ORDERED SOMETHING). Curly's name was announced for being one of the top kindergarten sellers. She got to go with another little boy from her class and get their picture taken. As she was telling me this story, I asked her if she understood why she won a prize and had her picture taken. Her answer was this " Well I think everyone just thinks I'm really nice and special and everyone likes me so I won". She said a similar thing the other day when some books I had ordered for the girls came in and were put in Curly's cubby. She came home and said " Mommy, I won some books. When I was packing up they were in my cubby. I think I won them because I'm so nice to everyone". Oh my that girl! No confidence issues for sure. It's all about her ;0).

Last week was Garrison Mill night at Bruster's. Mrs Hutcherson was serving ice cream so we of course had to go. It was fun. Most of Curly's class was there. The kids had a great time and I had fun talking with the other moms there. Soccer is still going well too. The Bear is chomping at the bit to get out on the field and play too. Sometimes during soccer practices she does go out on the field and kicks the ball around.

Back to packing for me. Next week I'll post about our trip!

Ordering ice cream from Mrs Hutcherson

Eating with classmates

Soccer fields are so bright you gotta wear shades

Soccer Star

The Clash. The "professional" photographers kept the parents behind the fence. This was as close as I could get ;0(

BFF's from birth (Claire, Curly and Avery)

No comments:

Post a Comment