Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Break is Over


Well I took a long month off from updating the blog. March was crazy busy with birthdays, spring events and daddy's school, so I didn't really take the time to update the blog. Sorry. This past week was spring break in our county. No preschool, no gymnastics, no choir, no play groups, no nothing. I was looking forward to spending a nice week at home and doing some MUCH needed spring cleaning. Aunt Lauren called a few weeks ago and said she and Uncle Luke would be driving through town on their way to Augusta and sweetly asked/begged to take the girls to Augusta for a few days. It was great opportunity for me to really clean this place without the girls interupting, switch out our closets to spring clothes, rest, and go on a few much needed dates with my husband.

The second night they were gone some terrible storms blew through our area. I am still incredibly anxious during storms. I am glued to www.weather.com watching the moving radar. I normally do not sleep until all storm threats have passed. I used to love sleeping when it rained. I loved the sound of thunder. Not so much since the fire. The strongest storms hit our house around midnight. The weathermand had been talking about how bad these storms were going to be all day. I remember saying " I am so glad the girls are in Augusta and not here". We did not have any damage from the storms and actually they didn't last long. Thank the Lord. However, the next morning we learned that Augusta was hit pretty hard and my in-laws lost several trees. One of which hit their garage. You can see pictures of the damage here on Lauren's blog. Thankfully the girls slept right through the whole thing. They aren't normally afraid during storms. I usually try to hide my fears from them when bad weather is around.

Curly and The Bear had a great time in Augusta playing with all their Aunts, Uncles and Gran and PaPa. We are very happy to have them home though. Those sweet little girls are easy to miss when they are gone. Tonight during bathtime we noticed that Bear had a ton of dirt in her hair. It looked she scooped up dirt outside and dumped it in her hair. She also has a knack for taking her shoes off often outside so her feet and always disgusting. This was a conversation from the bathtub tonight:

Me: "Bear, why do you take your shoes off outside. Your feet get so dirty."

Bear: "Because I just like to"

Me: "But it's so messy"

Bear: "I just did it anyway"

Me: " Well at least you are honest"

Curly: " At least I'm beautiful"

Me: "Yes, my confident one, you are beautiful"

That conversation made me laugh so much. Curly is so girly and that little Bear is so messy. Both are so different. Both are so special. Daddy and I are both very blessed.

Here's some pictures from the end of March for your enjoyment:


Curly's 4 yr old choir sang a few songs during Wednesday night supper at church

The Bear's music class always ends with a choo choo train. She is right in the middle with the pink dress and pigtails.

All aboard the choo choo train

A Sunday afternoon rest with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment