Thursday, February 17, 2011

Toomer's Corner

I, like all the whole Auburn Family, am very saddened by the poisoning of the beautiful oak trees at Toomer's Corner. I like what this Sports Illustrated reporter wrote about the Toomer's poisoning in an article titled " Toomer's Corner Poisoning Should Enrage All College Football Fans".

I could go on and on about how this is NOT a typical rivalry prank. This goes above and beyond silly pranks. This is hurtful and not fixable. Hearing people cheer and applaud what this man did to our beautiful campus is so sad. I am thankful we got to take Curly to one Auburn game and to Toomer's afterwards. We are still holding onto a slim hope that some miracle cure will develop and the trees will be saved but the outlook is extremely grim.

Here are a few pictures of when we took Curly to Toomer's as well as a few more pictures.





Toomer's the morning after the National Championship

Toomer's Oaks, 1890




1 comment:

  1. So Sad! I love the pic of you and M.A. too cute! Next season we'll hopefully be close enough to come to AU more often. I must see them before they pass away.

    ReplyDelete