Thursday, June 17, 2010

Up North Down South


This past weekend some of my mom's family from Minnesota flew down for visit. It had been a long time since we had seen them. The fire kinda threw our traveling to visit far away family out the window. So my grandmother, Aunt Karen, Uncle Ernie, and cousins Katie and Kari came to Georgia. Curly and The Bear were excited to have new people to chase and play with. Curly kept referring to Uncle Ernie as Tom. Not sure why or how she got that name in her head. By the end of their visit she learned his real name.

Sunday we went down to the Georgia Aquarium. Curly and The Bear always have fun when we go there. It seemed like the Minnesota clan had fun too. The new penguin exhibit was open and awesome. Last year when we went it was closed for renovations. They also now have a really gross looking albino alligator. See picture below. Super creepy.

Everyone left Monday afternoon to head down to my parents house and then off to Biloxi, MS. We switched cars with my parents for the week so they could all ride in one car. While my mom's car is nice and all, I am REALLY missing my automatic sliding doors on the van. I didn't realize how dependent I had become on them. They are so awesome. This opening both doors for the girls and having to help them up into their seats takes so much longer. Call me crazy but I'll drive a Swagger Wagon for the rest of my life as long as it has those sliding automatic doors. Hope my family is taking good care of our van this week.

We really did love having everybody here. You all are welcome to come back anytime. We hope to come up to Minnesota too. However, next time we are meeting in Disney right?

"I'll smile but I'm NOT touching a stingray"

The Bear driving a shrimp boat

Uncle Ernie proving that the whale slide is not just for little kids

The girls had fun making crowns at the aquarium

Watching the fish

Hangin' with Katie, Kari and a tank washer man

The girls with Deepo

The Bear was not in the mood to take a picture with Curly and GG Lucy

GG Lucy, Curly, Katie, Kari, The Bear and I

1 comment:

  1. So fun! Wish we had an aquarium near us, the kids would love it.
    LOVE the new family picture!

    ReplyDelete