Thursday, February 25, 2010

Work in Progress


Curly got her progress report from preschool this week. She is doing wonderfully in all areas. Well almost all areas. There were 3 specific areas that her teacher marked as "working on this skill".

#1 - Using scissors. This is my fault. I've never bought her scissors. Giving my kids scissors makes me nervous. Perhaps it's because I accidently cut myself way too often with knives. It's very sad how often I can be seen with bandaids on my fingers because of knife cuts. One time I even sliced my fingerprint completely off. Yes that's gross. Yes it hurt. Yes it left a scar. I will get her some scissors though and let her practice using them. Hopefully she did not inherit my knack for cutting herself.

#2 "Seeking only my fair share of the teacher's attention". I admit she is a bit of an attention hog. In her little mind Miss Robbi and Miss Heather (her teachers) should pay attention to her first and all the other kids second. Clearly she has more important things to say.

#3 "Waiting for my turn when speaking in a group". Ummmm... we know. She is a chatty chatty little girl who is rarely shy and speaks what's on her mind. She just loves to talk. A lot. Daddy and I are already preparing ourselves for bad conduct grades when she starts elementary school.

We were not at all surprised by any of the teacher's comments. Curly started speaking in full sentences very early (around 12 months) and she really only stops talking when she goes to sleep. I love that she has a lot to say. We've been having full blown conversations with our little Curly for almost 3 years now. Her zeal for communication has always been apparent. Hopefully she will grow out of her teacher hogging and speaking out of turn in class.






3 comments:

  1. She does come by the talking honestly!! I'm pretty sure my mother would say she got similar responses on my progress reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw some safety scissors that are only supposed to cut paper yesterday at My Storyhouse Toys. It all sounds just like Curly. What a special gift she has of being able to talk so well. I can't wait to see all the plans God has for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B had the same issues with scissors. He worked through them and is a superb cutter now :)

    ReplyDelete